LEATHER CRAFT IDEAS
I am sure that in every home there is an old leather jacket or a purse. Don't be in a hurry to throw these things away. It is possible to give them a second chance!
Also, You’d be surprised how much real 100% leather you can buy at the thrift store for super cheap.
Cut out "Put&Pull" pieces from an old leather item and create your own unique stuff. 👗👛👝👜👒👑
THIS POST CONTAINS AMAZON AFFILIATE LINKS AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU.
- Use ready-made Felt Squares or Felt Circles. You can cut only internal slots.
- If you have a CRICUT Maker you will be interested in the experience of Melissa Voigt and how she cuts leather on her CRICUT Machine the easy a way.
LEARN HOW YOU CAN CUT LEATHER OR FELT
QUICK! GO GRAB THESE MATERIALS:
For this project there aren’t many things you’ll need 😄
- PU Leather (or Leather. Pay close attention to thickness and hardness of material you cut pieces from! I recommend using thick material at least 4 Oz (1.5 mm thick) for getting the best result.)
- Letter size sheets of printable self-adhesive paper
- X-Acto knife or a razor knife
STEP 1: To download the PDF template click here
STEP 2: Print and Paste
Print out the templates for square or circle details and paste template on leather sheet (or its substitute)
STEP 3: Cut out peaces
STEP 4: To cut through the inner lines use your knife
STEP 5: Peel off the paper template.
FYI: The size of squares are 2in (6cm)
How to find out how many pieces you need to cut?
Sometimes, it is important to know beforehand how many details are needed for creation of specific item. In order to answer this question it is necessary to measure sizes of the detail’s internal part.
For example, we decided to create case for IPAD. It's size is 9.4 inch (24 cm) x 7 inch (18 cm). These numbers should be divided into 1.6 inch (4 cm) in case of using small squares and into 4.2 inch (10.6 cm) if you use big details. We get 6 squares in width and 5 squares in length (assuming that we use small pieces). Now we multiply 6 by 5. It means that we need 30 pieces for one side of item and the same quantity for other. As a result, the total quantity of details needed for creating of IPAD case is 60.